The New Delta

The calm stream of my life has picked up speed
used to meander, but now violently carve into the rocks
sheer force leaving abrasive scars along the walls of time
in the future they'll confuse my markings...
"these symbols were left by a group of native peoples"
yeah far from native buddy
my existence is quite alien, as the tiny stream bubbles
turn to fierce rapids, don't try my soul
it has been done before, different time, different place
eventually this river will reach the deep blue sea
this life's deposits the new delta of existence, a redemption of sorts
enough to protect the sin-filled and very sunken streets of N'awlins
at that point my rough and tumble journey, through nature
will have an end, for the time being of course
so if you see me movin silt, don't ask why
just hop on my flow and join me
on a quite fantastic, ultimately fertile journey.

Comments

Popular Posts