Winter Fawn

Back home again, in the frozen tundra
winter's cavern of preserved thought
re-born, yes somehow, in dead air
the truck stalled and we ain't got no heat
have to pop the clutch and get the motor running
we'll meet again... your soft serene eyes
by the bus station near the river
it's a little shady, but those diesels are warm
your sincerity and calmness is all I need to get by
what's the use in fighting this cycle
it presents itself without fail year after year
turn the wheel to cold and just wait
dormant we'll be until the sun melts our iced exterior
side by side, I feel your soul pulling me in
waiting for spring, the best defroster on the market
your touch the fire that will keep my pilot going
long after my chassis ends up discarded
rusted enamel, heaped up in the junkyard
forgotten as you forge on to a new galaxy
farewell winter fawn, I'll see you next year




Comments

Popular Posts