somewhere along the way i realized that i wasn't taking the medication i prescribed myself a long, lonely time ago

spent... my heart is cold
it flutters
my eyes tired
i have these memories
can't let go
time heals wounds
but not when their cause
lies close
too close
i want to learn to forget
i want to let go
of the fight i lost
the battle
i didn't ask for
how is it that the one
who set you free
could also be the one
turning
the dagger
slowly
each hour moving away
each day chipping away
at their own beauty
i see only one side
yet i really want to
see inside
your eyes
and hold your hand
inside of mine
so that my heart
will beat again
with warmth
with joy
no skips
no lies
only the blue skies
that i dreamt of when
i looked
in your eyes

right, amazing, now for reality...

pain is temporary.
beauty is fleeting.
share your love each day
and set yourself free.

my heart is warm, always warm.

Comments

Popular Posts