Chasing An Endless Sunrise

Slowly waking from the cold
that fresh blanket melts to the whisper of spring
in your eyes I see the innocence of love
the frailty of a single reality
my eyes rest gently on the wet pavement
without union there is only eternity
without eternity there is no union
it's at this point that I realize why
I picked this trail when I was stranded
sitting in a blank room with blank walls
chasing an endless sunrise
choosing by best disguise
oh how wounded I was, how lost
lonely and scared, like every child
I don't remember signing any papers
crossing any lines or
cutting any deals, but
somehow it all seems borrowed
an undetermined term
with a balloon payment
or not, because your eyes
they made me see beyond
a single reality, a one shot deal
into the possibility that
there can be an endless sunrise
and I won't have to choose
my best disguise

©2005 Sean Muzzy

Comments

Popular Posts