dans la maison du soleil levant

home...
now a fleeting concept
captured for too long
in a cell that I allowed
to encapsulate me
stacked boxes
a reminder of the
temporary nature of possession
ain't no moss on my back
each step i take
pushes me further away
from anything resembling
comfort
i feel it in my bones
in my stomach
and under my eyes
yet it's from
discomfort
that freedom imbues
like the waking of the sun
from a long sleep
streaks of deep textured purple
ensue, cascade across the sky
drying the tears
that grew from the
distress of yesterday
throw it away
and take hold of
the freshness
the complexity
of the air,
the cool bursts
that fill your dreams

my chains are shattered
my cage is broken
my heart is beating

i am home.

©2009 Sean Muzzy

Comments

Jen Dimmick said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts