Preparing for winter

This year's blooms have all gone.

We watched the crews come and go, bringing with them different tools to do their work.


You heard all this with closed eyes.

Sitting with a blank canvas and a ballerina. 


What are you thinking? What are you saying? To yourself, to God. 


We never discuss those inner conversations, let alone their existence, yet they persevere, don't age. 


I believe you now when you said there's no place you wanted to travel. Your last journey was inside your mind and heart. No background audio or video. No social media posts. 


We should all spend more time introspecting and dissecting. Not giving a shit about the noise around us. Your image to me will be forever looking out from the porch, in front of the seeder. I always wondered what you were wrestling, but I always knew you won. 


But those damn birds came to break the silence. I know they will come for me too. They brought the light and the last warm breaths of blossoms gone for now. As the cold air pushes and the daylight shortens, the hawk soars and our new journey begins. 


You are with me in the light I see everyday.


©2016 Sean Muzzy

Comments

Popular Posts