Friday the 13th

It is Friday the 13th and I was just out walking the dog and some guy comes up to me and says… “I stopped here to take a breath and realized that I’ve been running my whole life. I feel it in my knees and deep in my chest. The pain is not unbearable it’s just there. Am I running from myself? Am I hiding from mixed emotions that are constantly swirling deep within? I think way too much and I am often consumed with the guilt of feeling that I’m not allowed to express my true emotions. I do hurt, I do cry, but I bury it deep inside. And I fill my days with tasks and chores, things that keep my mind occupied, but my soul hungry. I don’t want to run anymore I just want to sit here and wait for the night to end and the sun to rise and for my mind to stop just stop tracing, pacing, erasing, stacking boxes, counting numbers, requiring caffeine… Don’t want to think about the pain, I just want me and everyone I know to be happy and to love and to love and to love the newness of the day... you ever feel this way?”

©2006 Sean Muzzy

Comments

Popular Posts